Culinary Concepts Six
Ah, sweet summertime. If you desire to learn to craft exceptional summer cuisine, attend our three-week The Very Best of Summer culinary class. As part of our Culinary Concepts series students can expect a detailed and extensive culinary experience each week.
Week one will take students on an in-depth tutorial of grilling and bbq-ing. Together we will examine the necessary techniques to correctly and successfully grill and bbq using low, indirect, and high heat.
Week two is all about sides, salads and salsa. Forget the same-old, same-old potato salad and bland pasta salad. In this class, students will prepare unique dishes that introduce new flavors and ingredients or place a new twist on an old favorite.
Finally, in week three we will concentrate strictly on summer desserts. Students will make delectable desserts using the glorious bounty of produce and herbs we are so richly rewarded with in Utah.
Week One: Grilling and BBQ
- Fall-Off-The-Bone Baby Back Ribs
- Southern Roadside BBQ Chicken
- Bourbon BBQ sauce
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Salsa Verde
- Classic Coleslaw (Sample recipe already prepared for you)
- Fire and Spice Dry Rub (Sample recipe already prepared for you)
Week Two: Sides, Salads, and Salsa
- Grilled Corn with Roasted Garlic Butter
- Melon and Heirloom tomato Salad
- Summer Pineapple and Jalapeno Salsa
- Pasta with Arugula Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
- Tarragon Deviled Eggs
- Summer Squash Salad with Prosciutto Crisps
- Quick Pickles (Sample recipe already prepared for you)
Week Three: Outdoor Dining Desserts
- Honey Lavender Ice Cream
- Chocolate Cherry Sorbet
- Peach, Plum, and Apricot Crisp
- Nectarines Poached in Lavender Honey Syrup (Sample recipe already prepared for you)