Puff the Magic Pastry! Working with Ready-Made Puff Pastry
- December 10, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Puff Pastry, Pâte Feuilletée, is made from hundreds of paper-thin layers of butter trapped between hundreds of paper-thin dough. This is called laminated dough. This process of making puff pastry takes approximately 5-7 hours. Fortunately for many of us, we have good ready-made puff pastry dough available in grocery stores (found in the freezer section). You will be working with the time-saving ready-made version of puff pastry to make some impressive dishes so you can spend more time with family and friends. They will be so impressed with your Pâte Feuilletée!
*This class is NOT gluten free. Nuts will be used in the Savory Palmier
- Apple Roses
- Mille Fueille (Napoleon)
- Pastry Cream
- Palmier Sweet and Savory
What to expect at Cooking Classes:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to attend this class.
- You will work in small groups of 3-4 people to produce the classes’ entire menu; not just 1 or 2 courses of the meal.
- Class size is limited to 12 students only, ensuring you will receive one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Once cooking is complete, you will sit down (with your instructor) to enjoy the fruits of your labor. All food made in the cooking class will be consumed during the class. No food will be taken home, unless otherwise noted in the class description.
- Menu may slightly change to accommodate seasonal produce and ingredient availability.
- Classes are 3 hours in length unless otherwise indicated.
- You will receive a special same-day 10% discount on retail items as well as upcoming class enrollment.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please contact us to confirm if the curriculum can be revised to your diet. firstname.lastname@example.org • 801.464.0113
- See our cancellation policy and FAQ’s here .
We ask that you…
- Please arrive on time. Your chef instructor has precisely timed each dish preparation for maximum instruction time.
- Please wear comfortable, close-toed shoes as you’ll be standing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Please tie long hair back.