Basic Knife Skills
- January 12, 2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The fundamental skill needed to cook and prepare food is proper knife work. This class will go in depth to teach you how to choose the right knife for you, how to properly grip a knife, how to use the right knife for the job you are doing, and of course how to slice, mince and dice. Once you master proper knife skills, cooking will become easier and more fun. An essential class for beginners as well as those who may want to refresh their skills. Students have the option of the class instruction only or class instruction plus an 8″ Wüsthof Chef Knife ($165. value). Students will prepare a simple fajita dish and a seasonal fruit galette with everything they’ve practiced on.
This class is for ages 18+
What to expect at Cooking Classes:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to attend this class.
- You will work in small groups of 3-4 people to produce the classes’ entire menu; not just 1 or 2 courses of the meal.
- Class size is limited to 12 students only, ensuring you will receive one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Once cooking is complete, you will sit down (with your instructor) to enjoy the fruits of your labor. All food made in the cooking class will be consumed during the class. No food will be taken home, unless otherwise noted in the class description.
- Menu may slightly change to accommodate seasonal produce and ingredient availability.
- Classes are 3 hours in length unless otherwise indicated.
- You will receive a special same-day 10% discount on retail items as well as upcoming class enrollment.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please contact us to confirm if the curriculum can be revised to your diet. email@example.com • 801.464.0113
- See our cancellation policy and FAQ’s here .
We ask that you…
- Please arrive on time. Your chef instructor has precisely timed each dish preparation for maximum instruction time.
- Please wear comfortable, close-toed shoes as you’ll be standing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Please tie long hair back.