Chef Jack’s: The Winning Menu
- June 1, 2018
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Chopped Junior winner Jack Pollock is back! And he’s preparing his winning menu with our Junior and Teen Chefs! Jack’s favorite way to cook is when you give him ingredients and let him create, and that’s exactly what he did. Cook this menu with Jack. It promises to be tasty – you know the judges loved it! You won’t want to miss this!
- Shrimp Poboys
- Lobster Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pesto
- Strawberry Rhubarb Tart with Frozen Fruit Punch Crema and Tocino de Postre
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This class is for ages 10-17. Your child must be within the required age range to be able to attend this class. If you have registered your child and they are outside of the allowed age range, please contact the Salt Lake Culinary Center so we may assist you in making other arrangements.
What to expect at Junior/Teen Chef Cooking Classes:
- Please come in to drop off and pick up your child from their class. We ask that parents not stay for the duration of the class.
- Your child will work in small groups of 3-4 people to produce the classes’ entire menu; not just 1 or 2 courses of the meal.
- Once cooking is complete, you will sit down (with your instructor) to enjoy the fruits of your labor. All food made in the cooking class will be consumed during the class. No food will be taken home, unless otherwise noted in the class description.
- Menu may slightly change to accommodate seasonal produce and ingredient availability.
- Class size is limited to 12 students only, ensuring you will receive one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Classes are 3 hours in length unless otherwise indicated.
- You will receive an advance email with a waiver to include information about food allergies, emergency contact information, etc.
- You will receive a special same-day 10% discount on retail items as well as upcoming class enrollment.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please contact us to confirm if the curriculum can be revised to your diet. firstname.lastname@example.org • 801.464.0113
We ask that you…
- Please bring your child on time. Their chef instructor has precisely timed each dish preparation for maximum instruction time.
- Please have them wear comfortable, close-toed shoes as they’ll be standing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Please have long hair tied back.