Junior Chefs: Chinese New Year
|Workshop / Hands-onshow details +||$75.00 (USD)||Sold Out|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 20, 2018 12:59 pm
Sales End: February 7, 2019 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- February 9, 2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Chinese New Year is also known as the Spring Festival and Lunar New Year. It’s a day of praying to gods for a good planting and harvest season, fighting off monsters and happy family get togethers. Come celebrate at SLICE in this hands-on cooking class and learn the symbolism behind the food that is served during this festive holiday. 2019 is the year of the Pig
- Spring Rolls
- Noodles in Broth
- Good Fortune Fruit
Junior Chef ages 9-14
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: This class is for ages 9-12. Your child must be within the required age range to be able to attend this class. If you have registered your child and they are outside of the allowed age range, please contact Salt Lake Culinary Education so we may assist you in making other arrangements.
What to expect at Junior Cooking Classes:
- Please come in to drop off and pick up your child from their class. We ask that parents not stay for the duration of the class.
- Your child will work in small groups of 3-4 people to produce the classes’ entire menu; not just 1 or 2 courses of the meal.
- Once cooking is complete, they will sit down (with your instructor) to enjoy the fruits of their labor. All food made in the cooking class will be consumed during the class. No food will be taken home, unless otherwise noted in the class description.
- Menu may slightly change to accommodate seasonal produce and ingredient availability.
- Class size is limited to 12 students only, ensuring you will receive one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Classes are 3 hours in length unless otherwise indicated.
- You will receive an advance email with a waiver to include information about food allergies, emergency contact information, etc.
- You will receive a special same-day 10% discount on retail items as well as upcoming class enrollment.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please contact us to confirm if the curriculum can be revised to your diet. firstname.lastname@example.org • 801.464.0113
We ask that you…
- Please bring your child on time. Their chef instructor has precisely timed each dish preparation for maximum instruction time.
- Please have them wear comfortable, close-toed shoes as they’ll be standing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Please have long hair tied back.