- February 16, 2019
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join us for this hands-on workshop highlighting the beautiful Japanese art of sushi making, with step-by-step instruction by Sushi Chef Marlene Noda. You’ll learn techniques for making perfect sushi rice, building flavor with assorted fillings, and the art of perfecting the classic sushi roll. Each student will participate in building and creating an assortment of classic rolls and nigiri, with side discussions on how to select the perfect fish, learning the art of Japanese sticky rice, and how to complete your menu with side dishes and snacks.
- Cucumber Salad
- Sushi Rice
- California Roll/Rainbow Roll
- Spicy Tuna Roll
- Negihama Roll
- Salmon Nigiri
What to expect at Cooking Classes:
- You must be 18 years of age or older to attend this class.
- You will work in small groups of 3-4 people to produce the classes’ entire menu; not just 1 or 2 courses of the meal.
- Class size is limited to 12 students only, ensuring you will receive one-on-one attention and instruction.
- Menu may slightly change to accommodate seasonal produce and ingredient availability.
- Classes are 3 hours in length unless otherwise indicated.
- Once cooking is complete, you will sit down (with your instructor) to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- You will receive a special same-day 10% discount on retail items as well as upcoming class enrollment.
- We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions. Please contact us to confirm if the curriculum can be revised to your diet. firstname.lastname@example.org • 801.464.0113
- See our cancellation policy and FAQ’s here .
We ask that you…
- Please arrive on time. Your chef instructor has precisely timed each dish preparation for maximum instruction time.
- Please wear comfortable, close-toed shoes as you’ll be standing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Please tie long hair back.