Drew Ellsworth has been a fixture on the Salt Lake culinary scene for nearly 40 years—he was the chef/owner of Restaurant Dijon in Holladay from 1979 to 1985. From 1986 to 2004 Drew lived in Southern CA where he worked as a chef for the Aramark Corporation. During that time, his was awarded his Executive Chef Certification from the American Culinary Federation. Since returning to Utah Drew worked for 8 years in the Utah DABC system before becoming a wine rep for Southern Glazer’s Wine in 2012.
As a young man Drew received his BA from Weber State University and an MA from BYU. All his studies have been in French Language and Culture. He also completed an apprenticeship in culinary arts at Le Vinarium Restaurant in Dijon, France and studied briefly with the great chef Paul Bocuse in Lyon.
Since 1981 Drew has operated his Ecole Dijon Cooking School and after moving back to Utah in 2004 he has continued teaching classes in his home in Holladay and writes a weekly recipe blog. In 2011 he started teaching wine education classes for the Osher division of Life-long Learning at the University of Utah and continues to teach classes every Spring Semester. In the last 6 years he has guided four successful culinary tours to France visiting major wine producing regions and attending cooking schools in Paris, Dijon, and in Tours. Drew has a Level II Wine Knowledge Certificate from the WSET.
Just as he has done with many restaurants in Salt Lake City, Drew will now be partnering for the next several months with the Salt Lake Culinary center to assist them in offering great food and wine experiences to their guests.
Events this person is involved with:
- Passions and Pairings: Sangria and Spanish Tapas
- Passions and Pairings: Spanish Vineyards & Tapas
- Gusto! An Annual Celebration of Food, Love, and Life!
- French Foundations: Amour de Bechamel!
- Passions and Pairings: French Sparking Wines & Festive Eats
- Passions and Pairings: A Sunny Tour of Italy
- Passions and Pairings: Wines of the Great Northwest
- Passions and Pairings: Sweetheart Wines
- Passions and Pairings: Sangria and Summer Patio Wines
- Passions and Pairings: Chile & Argentina
- Passions and Pairings: Le Tour de France
- New Series! Cafe Versailles: A Classic French Dinner
- Passions and Pairings: 90 Point California Wines
- Passions and Pairings: Special Guest Peter Grisley
- Passions and Pairings: Special Fall Entertaining Edition
- Passions and Pairings -Special Holiday Celebration
- Passions and Pairings: Northeastern Italian Wines
- Passions and Pairings: Valentine Sparkling Wines
- Passions and Pairings: South of France