Teens Cooking! Summer Camp Essentials
Grilling, barbecuing and stunning seasonal desserts – teens learn all the summer essentials in this hot camp. Whether your child is interested in becoming a chef – or just wants to cook cool food – our cooking camp will significantly expand your teen’s culinary knowledge in just five short days.
- Day 1 – Grilling Workshop: Grilled Shrimp with Fresh Herbs; Lemon Pepper-Crusted Grilled Steaks; Grilled Vegetable Kebabs; Grilled Fruit with Brown Sugar Glaze. Sample Recipe: Greek Yogurt and Cucumber Dip (Tzatziki); Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Day 2 – Desserts Workshop: Fresh Seasonal Fruit Cobbler; Classical Chocolate Soufflé with Peanut Butter Crème Anglaise; Fresh Fruit Tarts
- Day 3 – Backyard Barbecue: Easy Barbecued Ribs with Fresh Peach Barbecue Sauce; Pit Master’s Fire and Spice Dry Rub; Real Deal Barbecued Chicken; Roasted Yukon Gold Potato Salad; Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chile Lime Butter. Sample Recipe: Lemonade Pie
- Day 4 – Summer Southwestern Supper: Brined and Grilled Pork Chops with Chipotle Glaze; Roasted Sweet Potato Fries; Black Bean, Tomato and Avocado Salad; Individual Fresh Berry Pies. Sample Recipe: Rich Cream Short Pastry
- Day 5 – Alfresco Dinner: Romaine Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette and Homemade Croutons; Seafood Pasta; Garlic Bread; Chocolate Chunk Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Fudge Sauce. Sample Recipe: Fresh Mozzarella
Ages 12 to 15, 2½ hours daily; Day 5 – 3 hours with a graduation celebration.
- Monday, Jun 17 — 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Tuesday, Jun 18 — 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Wednesday, Jun 19 — 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Thursday, Jun 20 — 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM
- Friday, Jun 21 — 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM